Resurfacing is a great and accessible alternative, as it does not require major investments in time and money, and provides an excellent outcome. The resurfacing process is based on the adhesion of our specialty coating to your surface.
Our resurfacing products are non-toxic, have been quality tested and can be used on most types of surface: porcelain, ceramic, acrylic, fibreglass, plastic, PVC, laminate, wood, marble, granite and metal.
The resurfacing steps are the following:
- Silicone removal and cleaning: Minerals, residues and greasy substances have to be removed from the surface, as these can interfere with the adhesion of the coating.
- Acid or sanding: To ensure adhesion of the coating.
- Repairs: Fill any cracks, holes and imperfections with a high performance water resistant filler.
- Masking the area to protect your home and furniture.
- Resurfacing: Apply the appropriate primer, coating and top coats required to give the surface the fabulous finish.
- Finishing: Once the coating has completely dried, tear down the masking and apply sealant required in wet areas.
- Once all is complete, we leave your room ready to be used after 24 hours.
A resurfaced fixture will look great and last for years as long as it is treated correctly. You should maintain newly resurfaced surfaces the same way you would maintain a new kitchen or bathroom.
The following instructions will keep the finish clean and attractive for many years:
- Clean with warm soapy water or liquid detergents that will clean the fixture without dulling the finish, such as “spray & wipe” products or liquid dish washing soap.
- Always rinse well and dry new surfaces as often as possible after use to prevent standing water.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners in powder or cream form.
- Do not use acids on the finish.
- Do not use sharp utensils to chop, slice or dice food directly on the surface.